Widget not in any sidebars
- 2018 annual election results February 21, 2019Committee on Nominations: Marcia C. Linn, University of California, Berkeley; Paula T. Hammond, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Michelle Vaughn […]
- N. Carolina to hold new election in disputed US House race February 21, 2019The southeastern state's board of elections voted to hold a new House race in the 9th ... Democrats seized control of the US House in January fol […]
- Ex-Portage mayor convicted of bribery raised $69K in 2018, campaign report says February 21, 2019In an off year for municipal elections and with a federal trial looming on the horizon, now-former Portage Mayor James Snyder still raised more than $ […]
- New Election Called In North Carolina House Race February 21, 2019Shortly afterward, the bipartisan state board voted unanimously to redo the only congressional race left from the 2018 midterm elections that remains […]
- Disputed North Carolina House race: Elections board orders new election February 21, 20192018. (Photo11: Chuck Burton, AP) WASHINGTON – North Carolina’s elections board has ordered a new election in the nation’s last undecided congressiona […]
- North Carolina orders new U.S. House election after 'tainted' vote February 21, 2019North Carolina’s elections board on Thursday ordered a new election for a U.S. House seat after officials said corruption surrounding absentee ballots […]
- A federal election will be rerun because of fraud. Republicans aren’t talking about it much. February 21, 2019The 2018 midterm elections are not yet over. North Carolina’s State Board of Elections voted Thursday to throw out the results of the election held in […]
- New election ordered in North Carolina House district after possible illegal activities February 21, 2019The five-member board's unanimous action came after several days of hearings into Republican ballot-collecting practices in the 2018 general elec […]
- N.C. board declares a new election in contested House race after the GOP candidate admitted misspeaking under oath February 21, 2019who said on Wednesday that he warned his father in phone calls and emails that he believed Dowless had broken the law in a previous election and shoul […]
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Your tax dollars are helping big pharmaceutical companies get rich — and Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ro Khanna are having none of it.
» Subscribe to NowThis:
New members of the House of Representatives Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ro Khanna called out a tax practice of big pharma in a recent congressional hearing. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and Ro Khanna are both members of the democratic party who became congresspeople after the 2018 election. The pharmaceutical industry takes taxpayer dollars for its early development of drugs and then makes a profit of those drugs without giving the people any return on investment. Big Pharma relies on publicly-funded research then turns around and makes a profit with the findings. A recent study shows between 2010 and 2016, of every drug, all 210 drugs that were approved by the FDA, were funded by the NIH or public money.
#AlexandriaOcasioCortez #BigPharma #RoKhanna
Connect with NowThis
» Like us on Facebook:
» Tweet us on Twitter:
» Follow us on Instagram:
» Find us on Snapchat Discover:
NowThis is your premier news outlet providing you with all the videos you need to stay up to date on all the latest in trending news. From entertainment to politics, to viral videos and breaking news stories, we’re delivering all you need to know straight to your social feeds. We live where you live.